This blog entry was inspired by the zombie cake I created over the weekend. The birthday cake was a tower of chocolate cake, hot fudge filling, and strawberries and sculpted to look like brains, because we know zombies love brains. To round out the zombie theme were two gumpaste plaques cut out in some creepy staggering zombie silhouettes. While I was brainstorming and creating this cake, my mom and brother Dan chimed in with lots of good zombie expertise. So I consulted them in creating the "Top 10 Best Zombie Films of All Time:"
10. Resident Evil #1 (2002 with Milla Jovovitch and Michelle Rodriguez)
9. Return of the Living Dead (1985 - they're back from the grave & ready to party!)
8. Land of the Dead (2005 - we had a little George A. Romero marathon!)
7. Dead Snow (2009 - Nazi zombies)
6. Day of the Dead (1985 - another written and directed by Romero)
5. Zombi 2 (1979 - Italian)
4. Army of Darkness (1992 - zombies and time warp! yes!)
3. 28 Days Later (2002 - killer rage virus infects everyone in Britain in one month)
2. Night of the Living Dead (1968 - Romero, this time zombie-hood from radiation)
and the #1 pick goes tooooooo.....
1. Dawn of the Dead (2004 - When zombies attack, take to the mall!)
This was determined after a mini marathon of movies...would you agree with our list? Feel free to add a comment below!! Check back tomorrow for a very special blog.